BUY AUTONOMOUS CLOTHING HERE!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Brother in the Big Easy

Nick, my slightly younger brother, came by for a week last week, and experienced as much of the fabulous city of NOLA as he could at once. He came, he drank, he conquered.
He ate some free red beans and rice (yummy NOLA food-staple foreign to us underprivileged Yanks).He watched Loren and Micah and Luke play their fabulously overachieving and often underappreciated music at the infamous Yellow Moon down the block.He saw some weird but awesome bands play at One Eyed Jacks in the Quarter. Dude looked like Christian Bale letting out some excess anger on the slide flute (phenomenal).He grew a Jew-fro. I'm thinking it might have been one of the scary molds that grow around here.He metaphorically and literally watched his life blow open via the aid of some 3-D glasses.While I met this guy. Just so you are aware, every one of you have a New Orleans doppleganger. This is Chad's doppleganger. The beard, the tattoos, the style, the scrappy physique. He was only missing the glorious mustache. Except, no, he wasn't. This guy came through for me.And I chuckled while I put Charlsie in a chokehold in an attempt to get a pic with her. I chuckled because life is so awesomely good here, and I knew my brother would be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment